- Large vent gap promotes better venting
(3-8 times better than conventional General chill vent)
- Longer effective vacuum time since the metal always freezes in the vent
(Avoids the time lag caused by the vacuum valve)
Cuts Downtime & Maintenance Costs with Vacuum Machine
JMT Chill Vents can be used with a vacuum machine in place of the vacuum valve, reducing maintenance cost, downtime and porosity.
- Protects vacuum system from molten aluminum
––Vacuum valve can be replaced with a JMT chill vent
––High solidiﬁcation rate prevents aluminum from entering the vacuum equipment
- Easy to use
––Its simple structure requires no special knowledge or technique
Minimizes Sticking with Cooling Copper
- JMT Chill vent doesn’t promote a chemical reaction with aluminum compared with General chill vent
- The thicker waffle from the large vent gap is easily removed, and is higher quality scrap
- Low surface temperature due to high conductivity further avoids sticking Saves Die Space
The size of vent area can be half that needed for General chill vent due to higher solidification performance. This reduce the total die area.
Why JMT Chill Vents?
- Made of Copper for chilling
- No reaction with aluminum --> No “Sticking”
- General chill vent reacts with aluminum --> Causes “Sticking”
- High Thermal Conductivity
- Coolling copper is seven times more conductive than General chill vent for faster chilling and faster solidification of the molten alloy.
- Allows a larger vent gap (1.4 to 1.8 times larger than General chill vent) for better gas exhaustibility (3 to 8 times more than General chill vent) to reduce porosity!